Friday, January 6, 2012

Start of the new year

New Years Resolutions.

It's been quite awhile since I made one. I honestly can't even remember when the last was was, or what it was. But I read a rather good one on a hobby forum I frequent, and felt that I should make one like he is. The resolution was "to paint more models than I buy this year." As I seem to do the exact opposite of this almost every year, I felt it would be a good time to try changing. I will however make a slight change, I would like to make it instead "I will paint or sell more models than I buy this year" simply because I do have some models that I really doubt I'd ever get around to painting, and clearing them out of storage would be nice.

When I get something painted, I'll try to get an ok picture of it posted here to the blog. And I'll end each of my posts with a running tally of what I've painted and purchased so far this year. As I can't do a listing of points (100 points of fantasy is a bit different than 100 points of Warmachine) I have my own scoring system I plan on using to try and keep things even across the different game systems.

And as painting minis isn't my only hobby, I'll also be updating the blog (hopefully) with battle reports of games, pictures and reports of my homebrewing endeavors, and any other random thing I find to be hobbyish.

The worst part of this resolution is I'm already behind. I've already ordered a box of Skaven Plague Monks and haven't even managed to finish painting my current project - a Manticore Warjack. Sheesh. Well, let's see what happens.

Current Tally: Purchased: 6  Painted: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment